'58 '59 thread

Hey, I'm liking this '58 / '59 talk.............

I'll throw in my 2 cents.........

Mick !!!..... GREAT to see you online, I wanted to contact you and tell you that my '58 also has one of those chrome "spears" on the peak of the front hood, I originally thought they were maybe a JC Whitney aftermarket thing, until I saw the pictures of your '58 on the website, none of the "factory photos" or website photos shows a '58 with one of those spears........

also I'm trying to piece together all the numbers from my "trim code" plate and see what options were on my car when new....... if anyone has a clue to these number codes please e-mail me as I'd like to make up a definitive list and get them posted to the IMPERIAL website.

Patrick.......... do you still need any bits and pieces for your '58 ?????

My car ......"the Wanderer" the '58 army green 2 dr. BEAST ........is now in need of a starter solenoid, so it looks like I am going to pick up a "SUMMIT" starter and then see if I can re-build the old starter unit......... I need to get my car up on jack stands and tear down the front end also, but the bluesey rock and roll band that I play in, is now rehearsing in the BIGG car barn....... so every time we rehearse the guys help me roll the 'ol '58 out of the shop ......and then push it back in when we are finished rehearsing.......... not enough room for a full tilt blues band "AND" a BIGG dark green BEAST.

Hope everyone out there is doing well and shining up those cars for the summer shows........

I missed the Oregon Coast get-together this year (family emergency) and I missed meeting the local "IMP owners" and Brad from Canada, but hopefully next year !!!....... maybe by then my '58 will be ready for a 4 hour drive.

Keep me posted on the front end work !!!!

CHEERS,

Michael Howlett

Boring, Oregon................... not quite Quebec, but it kinda looks similar here............

>From: "Howlett, Michael" <Michael.Howlett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "'collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE spear on '58 hood and trim ID plate

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!