Trans Fluid

I'm ready to refill my 58 Torqueflight,  I have read several archived notes
on fluid types and am really confused now.. It seems people are use all
types.
I'm leaning towards Dextron III since AutoZone does not have Dextron II and
the label on D_III says it replaces D_IIE and D_IID and several othere
types.  Does anybody have any more info on this before I commit?

     Thanks
      Dave