Master Cylinder Access 1958

I went to check my Master Cylinder on my 58 which has the Power Brake unit
over it.
How does one access the master cylinder to remove the top and check/add
fluid??

    Thanks,
     Dave

A few days late - computer issues - but as no one else mentioned this, it is best to block the retracted bellows unit when you are working on the master cylinder.  There is a special tool mentioned in the factory service manual but a block of wood is quite suitable for the task.  It still remains a two person operation to retract the unit.  With the engine running, have someone press in the brake pedal.  This retracts the bellows unit and you place the block between it and the vacuum tank on the fire wall.  Then the engine can be turned off.  Be aware that the brake lights will stay on so you might want to disconnect one of the wires to the switch below the master cylinder if you are going to be a while.

Having someone step on the brake pedal for an indefinite period of time is not good for them, or your hand at the master cylinder.  Again, this is the method given in the service manual.

Hugh