From: K C
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 6:28 AM
Subject: IML: 318 Engine Y-pipe

The Y-pipes are totally different, - guess they did that so we could not
"trash" those mini-converters easily.

Hmm, I'm surprised at that. Do you know what the exact difference is, and how it effects fit? I don't see why the exhaust system from any F/M/J shouldn't fit an 81-83 Imperial. If your car is no longer injected, and you wish to improve the abysmal exhaust system, you might consider exhaust manifolds from the Magnum series (92-03) of Chrysler small-blocks. Much better flow without the drawbacks of headers. However, I'm not sure if any of these truck applications will fit F/M/J's. Might be a good tech question for the Mopar Action website, I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this.

For those who don't know...

F= Aspen/Volare (all)

M= Diplomat (78-89) Gran Fury (82-89) LeBaron (78-81) 5th Avenue (82-89)

J= Cordoba/Mirada (80-83) Imperial (81-83)

Carmine F.

61 LeBaron, 73 LeBaron(s)

Do you Yahoo!?