Carlisle report

DATELINE: July 9, 10, and 11 Carlisle, PA
hi list,

The All-Chrysler Nationals was a HUGE success in 2004 !
I arrived on Saturday morning in my 1964 Crown Coupe around 11:45 or so, and
there was NO parking left in the Imperial section!  Mostly due to the fact
that Five VIPERS has stolen parking spots in the Imperial class. I had
convoyed from NJ with my friend Greg in his 67 Crown.  In total, we counted
23 Imperials that were on display.

     The indoor special displays had two Imperials this year, a 1964
Imperial Ghia Limousine that was in use during the Kennedy administration
and was personally used by Jackie Kennedy.  This car is owned by our own Jan
Witte on the IML.  The other Imperial was a 1963 Imperial Crown four door
that was in "better-than-new" condition. This '63 was a FLAWLESS car.  Also
on special display in the Original Survivors section was last years First
place winner in the Imperial class; Anthony and Valerie from West Virginia
in their 1956 Imperial four door.

     The Imperial class had many cars and I will do my best to list what I
saw.
67 Crown Coupe
68 convertibles (2)
67 Crown
64 Crown Coupe
(4) 81,82,83 style
56 Imperial four door
61 LeBaron - For Sale in car corral
66 convertible
67 convertible
73 Imperial LeBaron four door (2)
65 convertible
68 LeBaron
62 Crown
62 Crown Coupe
68 Crown
31? Imperial

     Saturday afternoon around 5pm we kicked off our FIRST ANNUAL IML BBQ at
the club tent.  Our own Mike Pittinaro brought a propane grill and treated
us to his culinary skills. It was also his birthday !  We had london broil,
cube steaks, hamburgers, chicken burgers, hotdogs, a variety of cold salads,
homemade baked beans, a vegetable platter, and a large cake from Walmart
that was decorated with the homepage from www.imperialclub.com.  Many IML
people were there and I finally got to put some faces with email addresses.
We had plenty of food. Everyone was generous with their contributions that
helped make the bbq a big success.  Thanks for grilling MIKE !!!  The
weather was quite cooperative this year, a comfortable breeze was blowing
and Sunday was overcast and humid but not too hot to enjoy the festivities.
I was the last Imperial to leave around 4:30.  We did not meet the quota of
25 cars on the showfield from our IML Club so next years tent will cost
money again.  I will verify with Carlisle productions, but I think that half
the cars were from IML.  Please try to make plans NOW to attend next years
show in July, get your Imperials running and roadworthy to make it to
Carlisle and back home again.
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the BBQ and I look forward to seeing
everyone again next year.

Dave Brown
'64 Crown Coupe