Need Info on Changing engine

     I have a 1957 Imperial which is a rust bucket, and I was lucky enough to find a 1957 Southampton with no rust at all. The Southampton doesn't have a drive train, so I am going to transfer the drive train to it from the rust bucket.
     Is it easier to remove the engine and transmission together (392 Hemi) or separate them.
The most important thing is... I am a novice, I have never changed an engine before. I do have a 10 ton engine puller with an adjustable lifter to change the weight around while lifting.
     Should I put the front end up on ramps (heavy duty)?
Since I am scrapping the car later (Imperial) I have been removing parts, would it be easier to remove the grill and slide it out with all the front removed? ie: radiator, frame for radiator, and grill.
     I appreciate any and all help on this, it will take a while to remove it, as I am partially disabled.
I appreciate any ideas and knowledge to remove the engine & trans.
     Also what additional parts should I remove to keep for spares, since I'm parting it out?
Thanks for any and all information
Charles in Calif.