Looking for part yards near D.C.

Johan,

B&B out Central Avenue (outside of the beltway in
Maryland - maybe 20 miles or less outside of the DC
line) has a well organized yard maintained in parking
lot fashion on gravel.  B&B seems to specialize in
Chryslers.  From time to time, they have a few 64-66
Imperials.  You should call in advance, and they will
gladly check their inventory.

Down Rt. 29, 10-15 miles south of Culpeper, VA, is an
old yard called "Leon's" in Leon, VA.  All of the cars
are in the woods, making cars difficult to find in the
summer.  While I have not been there in two years or
so, there was a complete black 65 crown 4-dr (a fairly
"recent" arrival), a 66 crown 4-dr which was the
victim of an engine fire, a light blue 65 4-dr and the
remnants of a 64 coupe.  Finding the cars is quite a
challenge and can take hours; the owner and helper
provide you with a "map."  The yard closes at noon on
Saturdays.

In the Spotsylvania area right off of I-95 is a yard
(name?) run by an older lady and her two sons.  She
has a dark blue 65 4-dr and a light green '64 coupe.
The interiors are long gone, but the bodies were in
tact when I saw them last.  The older lady runs the
show, and must be approached with caution.

If you want to travel, go south of Richmond toward
Williamsburg on the main highway (I-64 I think, no map
in front of me).  About halfway, there is Philbate's
yard.  Another yard in the woods.  There are no maps
to find the 5 or more 64-66 Imperials in this yard.
The owner kind of points you in the right direction,
and will take you to the cars if need be.

Feel free to contact me directly for more info or
descriptions.

Rob Goodyear
rob1964cc@xxxxxxxxx
1 - 64 Crown Coupe & 1/2 - 64 Crown 4-dr

--- johan C wildhagen <johancwildhagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>