Engine Paint Source and Application Questions

--- Ken & Tracie <kjosephson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted to gather opinions and experiences from
> list members concerning the
> quality of the various engine paints available.

For the correct Mopar Turquoise, visit your nearest
Chrysler dealership.  If they don't have a few cans on
the shelf, they can order it -- usually less than $5 a
can.

> the correct color of turquoise. I also want to know
> which brackets, etc. are
> painted the engine color and which are painted
> black.

Alternator brackets, A/C compressor brackets, power
steering pump brackets, vacuum reservoir, and air
cleaner are all painted black; all else should be
turquoise (hopefully someone else will add any details
I'm not thinking of).  And you could paint the
distributor hold-down bracket black, but they were
bare metal from the factory.

Better yet, visit Dick Benjamin's '67 Imperial refurb
project at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1967/DickBsRefurb/
which includes great pictures of a correctly restored
engine!

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/