Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:59:13 +0200
From: Philippe Courant <accf-club@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: fuel pump

Since two days i have again a fuel pump problem. First i must say that i

use unleaded fuel (which is a little agressive in France ..) since 3
years Two years ago i change my pump because the "old" couldn't supply
enough
fuel when i floored the car. I bought a NOS pump on ebay, installed it
and it works well....until last week-end ! On highway when the road
climb i was out of fuel if i wanted to keep a 70 mph speed. The only
solution was to release a little the gas pedal and not try to climb at
more than 55 mph. On flat road no problem to run at 70 or 75 mph. Note
that i took a look at the fuel filter, no problem ..

So here are my questions:
- i'll install an electric "Holley red" fuel pump i bought for spare
last year. Is there some problem with unleaded gas with this type of
pump ?
- Where could i find a fuel pump kit for unleaded gas ? I've now two
pumps to repair ...