IML: Old Times (was Reminiscing...)

(I've done that a lot lately.  In my "mind's eye" I can visually remember my first car, a 1938 Chrysler Royal that I had to put an Indian blanket on the front seat.]

Greg and Russell <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

Russell and I just returned from Mass at a church where we both attended as kids.  I attended the Catholic school that was part of this parish 'graduating' from eighth grade in the spring of '69.  We ran into a girl I had gone through school with and we stood in the Alabama heat (yesterday it was 97 degrees!) and reminisced about going to that school in the sixties.  I mentioned we are restoring a '65 Imperial (among many other makes/models) and she immediately remembered a lady whose daughter was in our class.  She asked me if I remembered when the lady bought her new '67 (creamy yellow with black top) Imperial and brought her daughter to school in it?  I replied that I did because I was lucky enough to carpool with that girl and ride in that awesome Imperial!  My dad drove a Ford LTD so I was always thrilled to ride in that Imperial!!!!!!!!!!

As I was standing there in the parking lot looking at the empty parking stalls facing the school cafeteria, I could 'see' all the different sixties cars that used to pull up and park there dropping us kids off for school or picking us up at 3:00 PM.  What a nostalgic trip that was?  Oh to step into a time machine and be able go back to any one of those days back in the sixties when I was a kid and cars were real and not these playtoys we call cars nowadays!  I'd pay a pretty penny for that opportunity!

Greg and Russell
Mobile, AL