Re: IML: Old Times (was Reminiscing...)

Hi everyone -

So many of these cars bring back memories for me.
On the other side of the coin, owning some of them
has made newer, more current memories for me - a
double bonus.

My uncles owned a Chrysler dealership, after switching
from Studebaker in 1955. Every year my uncle would get
a new Imperial and one day my 2 older brothers came
into the house laughing saying that our uncle had
taken them out in his "new '59 over the back roads",
making the car literally fly over the dips of the
road.

Well I screamed bloody murder because I wasn't there.
Everyone told me to shut up - but I had the last
laugh.

I'm on my 5th Imperial - each one better than its
predecessor and I am STILL younger than those two
goons
- and better looking, I might add.

There's no moral to this story. My oldest brother has
accompanied me on several treks in search of the
ultimate Imperial. Some treks were successful.
A few weren't. I guess this is the gist of my remark
about the more current memories. All in all they were
nice experiences and I am greatful that he took the
time to go with me.