Gas Tank Removal-73 Imperial

--- "Hall, David" <Dave.Hall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone removed gas tanks from their Imperials?
> Beyond making sure the tank is near empty, are there

> any other tips out there?

While you have the tank out, you should replace ALL
the rubber hose that you'll find back there, including
the seven or eight pieces for the "Vapor Saver" system
(when you get under there, you'll immediately see what
I mean).

Also, be careful when you lower the tank that you
don't damage the carboard-like insulator that lives on
top of it.  And while you have the tank off the car,
it's a good time to inspect the underside of the trunk
for rust, and repair as needed.

Otherwise, it's a pretty simple and straightforward
repair.

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/