stuck engine (?) and trailer hitch, haiku

stuck engine (?) and trailer hitch, haiku

Mike;
 It really depends upon what the climate is like in whatever part of the
country it is stored. If its someplace relatively dry there is a good chance
that a squirt of oil down the cylinders will be all that's needed to turn it
over. If it's in a damp or humid area it will likely need to be torn down to
free it up and need a ring rob at a minimum to get it back in service. Was
the engine under cover or out in the open? Was it stored inside or outside?
There are always exceptions depending on how it was stored. A car in Arizona
could have been parked with water in the cylinders due to a blown gasket and
be rusted solid, likewise a car on the wet coast could have had its owner
fill the cylinders with oil before storing it.
  The engine in my car was stored with the hood up and the air cleaner off.
The result was that all but one of the pistons were frozen solid and had to
be pounded out. The reason the car was parked, as I found out through
freeing the engine, was that one of the pistons had a broken skirt that must
have rattled something awful.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts.