'59 Imperial carpet

I am not sure about that but I was wanting to know how happy you are with your Imperial.. 59s are my favorite designs because I love the front grilles and it is just so much more car than you need ( isn't it great?) Any way I think I may have found a 4 door hardtop with swivel seats and every option... How much fun is it to drive becaue I currently own a 60 Impala and I drive it a lot...  Let me know , soory I do not have an answer to your question but I would love to see some pictures of your beast... Rick
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 11:48 AM
Subject: IML: '59 Imperial carpet

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I didn't save the e-mail from many months ago which described the particular type of carpet that the '59 Imperial came with.  It wasn't loop pile or cut pile, I don't think.

My '59's black carpet must be replaced.  In many places there's no nap left at all.  How feasible would it be to use late 1970s Lincoln carpeting?  I think I can get that through Original Auto Interiors in Michigan.  I realize that molded carpet for a '79 Town Car wouldn't correspond to a '59 Crown 4-door, and that I'd have welting or seams along the edges.  It does, though, have a similar deep pile that would be close to the pristine original carpet I have on the back of the front seat, more so than the loop/cut pile that Mopar used in the 60s.  Any thoughts?

Neal Herman
Washington, DC
1959 Imperial Crown 4-door Southampton
et al.