Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2004 8:32 PM
Subject: IML: 72 Imperial for Sale

I am currently listing my 72 2 dr. for sale on the board, as well as a few other places.  So far the responses appear to be scammers, they want to pay by cashiers check. One guy claimed to be from New Zealand but can barely communicate in English.  Anyway, I thought I would share a few of these with you, maybe they are legitimate.  One is from someone in England, claiming to be a Reverend Emmanuel Olson, Berrymead Evangelical Church, in London.  Any members in England who can comment on this?

And the other one I am curious about is: Mark car compound {MCC}, P.C.Hooftstraat 162, Amsterdam, Holland.  The contacts name is Mark Cleff, and apparently they specialize in importing vehicles to Europe, selling on commission.  Again is anyone in the group from Holland, or know of this outfit and give me any info, good or bad, on them.

The other responses I am sure are scammers, the mention of cashiers checks raises alarms.  two of them are even from the same email domain: fastermail.com.

Anyway just wanted to share that with the group.  Thanks for any relevant information.

Robert Weldon

72 Imperial 2-dr hardtop (looking for new home)
68 Newport Conv. (my baby)
75 Dart Sport (latest addition to the fold)