Idle Mix Screws and Plumber's Tape

Today, I tried a recommendation 'from another list'. I wrapped my idle
mixture screws with a layer of plumber's tape. Years ago, I had read in the
Mercedes list that this can reverse the years of wear in the threads. I
tried it today on my '72 Newport's 440. I was able to set the screws about
3-4 turns farther out than where they were before the tape, and achieved a
smoother idle. The adjustment at the screw had a bigger effect on the
mixture as it didn't have a bunch of air feeding through the threads, so now
I can finally adjust it properly. FYI

Eric
'63 Crown FourDoor
'72 Newport Custom Sedan