It's business as usual at Gary Goers!

From my experience, it is a shame that it is so hard to deal with most of these old car guys. You want to have fun in finding that sometimes rare or needed part for your classic car, and you pay their price, and your let down because it is either broken in some way, or the wrong part altogether! And they want to blame you for not giving them enough part numbers(ex. a rebuilt fuel pump kit)
and they want you to send that wrong part back at your expense! But it is really disgusting when just about every step of a restoration gets messed up because of dealing with arrogant vendors and people who can't do things right the first time!!!!!!
But it is too bad for me because Goers seems to have alot of things I could use for my 61& 65 but I do not want the stress and hassle that I hear he provides at a price. It seriously makes me want to leave this hobby! (maybe)  Rob
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 9:49 PM
Subject: IML: It's business as usual at Gary Goers!

As most of you know, I had Gary Goers fabricate a new leather interior for my '65 Crown convertible.  Before I could even get the leather back on the seats, they turned several God awful shades of gold (they were supposed to be a soft metallic gold).  Although he promised to make up a batch of dye for me, he never came through with the it to correct the problem so I asked this forum for advice.  It was suggested I contact Leatherique.  They did what Goers never could seem to find the time to do and $200+ later, I had a kit to prep the leather, the dye to correct the two toned-look and the glaze to make the whole thing metallic.  Goers promised to reimburse me for my expenses with Leatherique but so far, after many emails and no replies, I have no reimbursement!  He also promised to provide me new pads for my brake and accelerator pedals.  Guess what?  I have no new pads either!  But the real mud in my face is the fact he refuses to even acknowledge my calls or emails.  This has been going on since the first of the year!

All I can say is I wish I had never heard of the man.  It has been nothing but problems dealing with him and his rudeness in not replying to my calls or emails is unconscionable!  For any of you contemplating buying anything from him, my advice to you is to try and find it elsewhere.  I have no kind words for him whatsoever.  To date I have spent over $3,300 with him so my orders haven't been 'little ones' as someone on the list informed me was the problem.  I was told he responds to larger orders more quickly.  What about correcting a problem?  Does this man have no conscience?  To treat anyone the way he has treated me is shameful.  I never wanted anything from him but the dye to correct the problem and he couldn't (wouldn't) even provide that.  I can only imagine what the labor will be to apply the products I received from Leatherique.  Those 'bargain priced' $2,500 leather seat covers that took 17 months to get with not one single phone call or email from him in that entire period are going to end up costing over three grand when it is all said and done!  But the kicker was, I offered to send him a deposit for the seat covers and asked him to sign my letter of agreement and return it to me acknowledging my $500 deposit check.  He cashed my check within a few days but I never received my letter of agreement signed.  I may never have received my new covers had I not threatened to involve an attorney (after 17 months).  This 'business' is a joke!
Greg McDonnell
Mobile, AL