'66 Coupe front fender removal -- FSM correct?

'66 Coupe front fender removal -- FSM correct?

Hi --

'66 Crown Coupe body question -- my FSM refers to separate left and right
fenders that can be removed individually.  I fear the FSM was written by
someone who never actually tried to perform this operation.

First, the hood hinge assembly must be removed to loosen two of the bolts
the FSM says to remove, but there's no mention of removing the hood first.
Second, when I examine my sheetmetal following the outline of the hood I
don't see a seam.  I see solid metal from the passenger side cowl all the
way around the front and back to the driver side cowl, like a giant "U".
Am I missing something?

Thanks,

David
'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 Crown Coupe project
'66 Newport 383 .030 over Eddys/Hurst/Cragars/dual exh daughter's first
Mopar