Remember that '82 that wouldn't start?

You may remember that my car has several issues.  For one, the car would not
always crank.  Pursuant to instructions from Dick B and Dave Grove I used a
test light on the relay and determined juice as getting to the starter.  I
ordered a mini-starter from Mancini.  Well, when I finally got the old
starter off I found out at least one tooth is missing off the ring gear.
How big of a deal is this? The gear on the old starter is fine, but this
can't be good. What am I supposed to do now? How the heck does this even
happen?

I have some time to decide about this because the ear broke off the brand
new ministarter when I was putting it on. Just past finger tight it just
snapped.  To Mancini's credit they said to ship it back and they will send a
new one. Almost no questions asked.  Needless to say, I spent the weekend on
my back, cursing.  Be glad you don't live near me.

Rob