Please WELCOME A New Member, Clarence Martin (1990)

Clarence Martin wrote:
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:45 AM
Subject: IML: Please WELCOME A New Member, Clarence Martin (1990)

New Subscriber(s): Clarence Martin
Email Address is: martinjr902@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Birmingham, AL

Car(s) owned: 1990 Imperial Brougham Black Leather seats

Self-Introduction: This car is in great condition, but have ABS problems, can anyone give me some advice on what to do?  I am afraid to drive it.

Dear Clarence,

I have a '93 with ABS problems (Bendix 10 brake pump and actuator).

I found out that the NHTSA (National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration) has issued a lifetime repair warranty on all '89 through '93 Bendix systems. The Recall number is 685 and will cover all or most of the dealer repair.  Of course, dealers may find other parts supposedly not covered by the warranty that has been affected by the pump going out.

Check it out on the internet and DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR!!

Ivan