IML: My ânewâ â82 Imperial FS

Wahoo!!!  Yesterday I picked up my “new” 1982 Imperial, FS edition.  She had been parked for 12 years.  I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel pump, checked the oil, and coolant, cranked it for about 30 seconds.  I then poured some gas into the carb float bowl.  Cranked her again, she fired right up!!  I could not believe it!  And she ran smoothly. Valve tick disappeared after about 15 seconds.  I need to drop the gas tank, flush it and flush the gas lines.  The brakes work, but not that strong.  She needs a new headliner, but the seats, uphostery, and carpets are in good shape.  She even has the original floor mats, though they are not in the best of shape.  The body is perfect, but I will repaint her.  Dash seems to work fine.  Original radio /cassette works, but antenna is stuck about 1/4 of the way up.  I just need to find time to work on my newest project.

Too bad I can’t have her in driving condition by this weekend so I could take her to the 21st Annual Statewide Meet in Thousand Oaks, CA.  I will attend though, without any of my Imperials.

I am happy!
The best to all of you,
Davis