need info on radiator hoses

Good chance the hose that blew was the correct hose, but was not "cut to fit" as a lot of aftermarket hose are.  they are made that way because then one hose can fit several applications.  You will see one or more markings on those hoses, and the store's book will probably have a footnote saying that it must be "cut to fit"  There is nothing wrong with "NAPA" hoses, I've used them for years without problems.

Bill