Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 12:51 PM
Subject: IML: Need tires for '48 Crown Imperial

I am in need of tires.  I am as interested in looks as durability.

The 820-15 Firestones on the '48 Crown Imperial have a 5.5" tread width and I think a 5" tread width is going to look narrow in comparison.  They also have only a 2.5" whitewall which looks very nice on it.

Here is what I have found:

Coker:  Firestone 890-15   5" whitewall with 5" Tread Width   $170.00 each
     Load Capacity 2210 @ 32 psi  (enough)

Univeral Vintage Tire:  Lester 820-15 4" whitewall with 5.75 Tread Width     $134.00 each
     Load Capacity 1920 @ 32 psi  (cutting it close with 290# less than the Firestone)

When I measure a 5" whitewall there would be only a little more than an inch of black showing before the tread.  That seems like a lot of white to me!  What do you think?

Are there other recommended sources?

Thanks!

Ned   48 Crown Imperial
48Imperial@xxxxxxx    (formerly ncpnotes@xxxxxxx)