IML: suspension

I have been reading the e-mails regarding suspension parts renewal on the early 60's Imperial. and it fills me with fear and trepidation.  I am to renew my front bushes etc on our 57 Southampton  when they arrive and was wondering if this would be as hard a task to work on as the early 60s mentioned?  I have enquired at our local garage but as I am not conversant with Amereican vehicles or whats involved, they seem reluctant to take on the task

A big thankyou to all who have answered my queries about wipers.  Its good to be a member of such a helpful bunch of enthusiasts.

Ken & Annette