Re: IML: 80s EFI timed stalling

I know that it sounds terribly simplistic, but often this kind of problem with the newer style ignition is due to  loose, dirty, or corroded electrical connections. Check for this in all electrical connections and plug/sockets, as well as each wire within each plug/socket. You may be able purchase new plug/sockets that can be spliced to the original wiring as a replacement for the original plug/sockets.

In a modern car that I drive (which is not an Imperial) I found this to cure my stalling/delayed start issues. The culprit turned out to be the connectors for the wiring harness between the ignition module and the distributor, and also the "coil pack".

Paul