Re: IML: '67 Exhuast replacement

--- "Chris \"Creesto\" Lynch"
<creesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Elijah, what is 'aluminized'? Is that just a
> galvanic finish? Do stainless
> exhaust systems make sense if I intend to own the
> car 'forever'?

I believe the aluminized pipes are mild steel with a
silver aluminized coating.  It lasts longer than
"plain" exhaust, but doesn't last as long as
stainless.

I've had an aluminized dual exhaust on my '71 Imperial
for seven years now, and it looks practically brand
new.  But then again, I don't drive the car a lot, AND
we virtually never have any salt on the roads down
here in the South.  I do plan to own this car forever
(I've had it since I was 16), so I expect I'll
eventually find out just how long an aluminized
exhaust will last.  ;o)

Thanks,

Elijah

=====