RE: IML: '67 LeBaron update - torsion adj bolts

RE: IML: '67 LeBaron update - torsion adj bolts

It looks like the torsion bar adjusters are pretty far in. I didn't see if
they were all the way in or not, but they are pretty close. Anybody know
roughly how many threads should be visible for an average installation? I'm
betting new bars aren't available. I think these are probably useable, but
I'll find out when they hit the road.

If the car is riding low and you're at the end of the adjuster bolts' throw, would it make any sense to investigate longer bolts or welding 1/4 inch extensions to yours?  I'm sure that the engineering dept intended for the bolts to be exactly that long and so forth, and I haven't looked inside of there on any of my cars, but that could be a labor saving device if the ride height is the only issue that you face.  There are measurement points on the frame that can be gotten out of the FSM to check for appropriate ride-height.  Check to see that your tires are the same type and size as what came on the car new or you're low to start off with...

If you have the ability to take photos of your later-model brake conversion and list out what is involved for others, we would be pleased to post that information on the website - no fancy work on your end - just photos and text and we'll do the rest over in the club website dept.

-Kenyon

Kenyon Wills