Re: IML: Is it bad...

You wrote:

If a trained mechanic, the first I've trusted with my cars in years, can't figure out my car on his own it's gone a little past "having character" and is just plain messed up.

Rob

Rob,

Yes, I'm afraid its bad, particularly the transmission, which is getting worse even if you don't think it is. You need to get the seals within it replaced while you can still drive it. Sooner rather than later you are going to be stranded, and there is never a good time for that to happen.

You need to get the restart issue addressed as well. It too will get worse.

I have had both of these issues. The former was on a Lincoln. The second was on my Imperial. It took some trouble shooting to find the problem.

The good news is that once the problem was addressed, my desire to drive the car went up and so did my enjoyment level.

Hugh