Re: IML: imp: solution for airbag suspension ($43.97)

Re: IML: imp: solution for airbag suspension ($43.97)

this is true but air shocks cannot do it solo ive tried you need some other form of lift wether its springs or bags and with this setup you cant use air shocks because the filler nozzle will get in the way of the springs.

These cars, as well as many other makes and models, came from the factory with air adjustable shocks, mostly in the rear.  I would assume, and maybe that is the flaw in my logic, that the manufacturer has done testing and certification to show that the shock mounts can handle whatever load they may be presented with under these conditions.  I am NOT saying that air adjustable shocks are a replacement for conventional coil springs, that may very well over stress the shocks and shock mounts due to the increased load.  I've heard the "shock towers are not made to carry the load"' argument a number of times and yet I remain skeptical.  I own three cars with air adjustable shocks in the rear and as far as the shock goes, they are clearly marked that they will handle pressures up to about 200 psi!  It is my assumption that when inflated to a reasonable pressure, to maintain ride height, that there is nothing wrong with using the air adjustable shocks to carry a load.  I once carried about 800 lbs. in the trunk of my 78 Newport and the air ride pumped up and carried the load beautifully.  The car rode even smoother than it normally does.  My 90 Imperial, with a full load of adults and a little extra air in the rear shocks, rides like a cloud, even over the worst bumps etc.

Under normal conditions and loading, I believe air adjustable shocks are an excellent way to maintain ride height and preserve ride quality.  Mine are reliable and the perform perfectly under varying load conditions.
m¶?ÿÃ"??«?©\?æÜ¢dá?É?²Æ?{¬±éí¶?¨¹¼­?â&¥êâjS?X§?¸¬´ù^jÇ«z?r¶???X§?X¬¶)©z¸??ÉnmÊ&jwr¢êëzÊh?Ç°?Y[zÈZ­çp?Ø^½êò¢w?®+Úµé?²Æ?zƧu«miÈfz{l~?í?à?)â²ÚÚ¶?ì².?ÖÞ±éí¶?nf¬µêâ??«?©\?æÜ¢dèPÔ? ?  ¢Ú!¶Úþ)©z¸??ÉnmÊ&þéì¹»®&Þ?Ù