[FWDLK] Tracing my Plymouth's history

Can any California FW members help me out? My 58 Plymouth originally came from
 the Los Angeles area. I found a trip permit for the car from the CA DMV. There
 is a plate number on the permit (I belive its the plate number). Does the
 California DMV have a service wheras the history of the car (past owners) can
 be traced? The car left the U.S and came to Canada in 1987. I have a couple of
 reciepts from back then  from Santa Fe Springs, but there are no owner names
 etc. I am still waiting for my info from Chrysler Historical. Maybe I'll hit
 paydirt and get thr original owners name (my main objective).
 Thanks
          Todd

http://www.mailexcite.com