From:   Bruce T Clough[SMTP:cloughbt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 26, 1999 6:58 AM
To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: [FWDLK] 1960 Forward Look Chryslers

No, you're not wasting your time.  I've been driving our 61 Newport (with
that
lovely original red Highlander interior) for two years now.  Yes, the
brakes
tend to lock up on the drivers front after a long drive with normal
braking,
but I've isolated that to a drum-turning requirement which will be done
when
the car comes out in Spring.  Yes, there is rust to contend with, but about
the
same as with any old 40 year old car, and the Newport's body is easier to
work
on than other cars of the same vintage, such as a 60 Buick or
Austin-Healey,
been there, done that.  The panelescent gauges really look cool at night,
and
the only problem I had is the dimmer rheostat is intermittent which can
cause
it to flicker, but our 61 Fury has the same problem with normal
incandescent
lights!

So, go out and search for that pink Saratoga!  BTW - I know of at least 12
people who have "Highlander" Newports.  Should I tell the author?

Bruce Clough
61 Newport
61 Fury