Re: [FWDLK] Sleeved wheel cylinder satisfaction?

Re: [FWDLK] Sleeved wheel cylinder satisfaction?

It makes sense to me that brass being a softer metal it will score more
easily.  I've done 3 cars with stainless steel sleeves and have been very
pleased.  My cars seem to get only occasional driving, and the piston just
sitting in the cylinder is where the pits always seem to start.  I feel the
extra money spent to sleeve the cylinders (over the cost of new unsleeved
cylinders, IF they ARE available) is worth it.  I also have used silicone
brake fluid, as it is supposed to not absorb moisture.  A man named George
Frechette has done the sleeving for me, and I recommend his services (good
prices and very acceptable turn around time.

Paul Taylor