Re: [FWDLK] mail problems

"Sperduto, Nick" wrote:

> Could someone help me, I get this list in digest format and when some of the
> other people post, I get the message in regular text, then directly
> underneath, I get the html source code of the message they sent. I always
> <snip>
>
> Anybody else have this problem. I am using microsoft mail and I'm not sure
> if the problem is on my end or the posters end.

This is a problem due to "HTML" encoding of the email.  "Plain" email can't
support any nice features such as different fonts, sizes, colors, bolds,
italics, etc.  HTML-enhanced email programs such as Eudora, Outlook, and
Netscape Messenger all support the HTML or "MIME encoded" formats.

To those not using those programs, the posting will appear usually as plain text
with the "garbage" afterward.

As with attachments, I ask that people do not send HTML/MIME mail to the list
when it's possible to avoid.  Eventually all mail programs will support this
format, but for now we should all respect those with the incompatible mail
programs, and send just "plain vanilla" email.

-Dave