Re: 1955 Plymouth Numbers

Josh (and everyone else out there),

The seven digit numbers on the metal tags on your seats are part numbers for
the seat frames.  These numbers are not in any parts books that I have seen.
Does anyone know if there was a separate 55 Mopar parts book for upholstery
items?

"NAFI-LA" on the paper tags probably stands for National Automotive Fabrics
Inc, Los Angeles or something.  These would be the guys who were
subcontracted by Chrysler's LA plant to make seat covers.  The paper tags on
my Canadian 55 Savoy say "Canadain Auto Trim Limited, Windsor, Ontario".

"RB" on the paper tags means rear back
"RC" means rear cushion
"FC" means front cushion

"P26 27 2" means 6 & 8cyl Belvederes
"CL CP" means club coupe

I would guess that the other number codes on the paper tags describe the type
of fabric, colour, dye lot, etc.

Robert