58 plymouth brakes

  I have owned 1958 Plymouths  since 1962 , some with power brakes and
one( a Plaza tudor with a golden commando eingine and std shift)
without.  I never noticed that it toke extra effort but it does take a
longer distance to stop. The old drums just don't stop like modern disc
brakes.  All I can suggestis that make sure all your wheel cylinders are
free and not leaking and that your front brake hoses are in good shape.
I have had a front wheel cylinder seize up and that made for poor
stopping.    David Wallace 58 fury owner          .