happier than clam

hello group,
  posted a few already and a few people know me but to do it right--
Names Jim Wilson from Pullman, Wa and I have a 58 Belvedere that
right now is about 40 different colors and in a total state of
disrepair but going back together soon.
   Just a note to let you guys know I did a little book buying at
Powells books and picked up a book that has car ID #'s for 1950 to
1958 not as good as I wished but does tell most of the codes and if
you want to send off the list your #'s I could try to xlate them.
  The reason I'm happy as a clam--I FOUND MY PUSH-BUTTON
TRANNY-- actually 2 of them one full of water for $10  and a total
rebuild with custom made torque converter(needed to go from early
tranny to late engine). The guy wanted $500 plus a core charge of
$250 for the new one and had the water filled so he took that for
core. In a few more months I will be drivin around again shouting
Its alive -Its alive
Jim