Re: [FORWARDLOOK] Brakes and Such

I understood them to be centering springs. They hold the brake shoes
against the backing plate and away from the drum. They sell them in
automotive stores, I just bought some for my Camaro when I changed the
brakes. Mine were badly rusted  but I had enough left to show the store
clerk what I wanted. He called it a spike. He had several sizes and he was
able to match mine.

Good Luck
JJ