[FWDLK] little rust spots + other 56 belvedere questions

[FWDLK] little rust spots + other 56 belvedere questions

hello all.
got my plymouth back this past weekend...my friend and his 62 Rambler
provided me with transport down to Little Compton, RI to pick up the
Plymouth.

my fine auto is running well...new master cylinder...brake
cylinders...wires (no more skipping!)...distributor cap...etc. got it up
to 95 on the highway (maybe it was 90...the speedometer is no dead on)
til i saw a statey. whoops. luckily he was going the other way.
it's funny being the first car i've ever owned...when i pictured the car
i would purchase i always wanted at least six cylinders (i have eight),
four doors (why classic two doors are more popular i'll never
understand), and a full size spare (i have three!). granted i did not
envision getting a car older than myself...glad i did though...not sure i
could ever buy a brand spanking new car...i could get at least three
really cool old ones instead!

anyway...the car has a few little rust spots...i'd like to clean these up
before they cause more of a problem...i was thinking of sanding them down
and just priming them for the time being (i'm not so concerned about it
looking perfect externally right this moment, i just want to avoid a
potentially large problem down the line)...until i get the build records
which hopefully have the original color noted...and then i'll paint it or
touch it up depending upon what's what. does anyone have a better idea?

i also have some nasty looking rust bubbling by the rear window...both
sides...where the back window curves...i think i need a body shop to work
on that...i think they'll at least have to take the trim off to fix it
(maybe the window has to come out?). has anyone had any good/bad
experience with body shops in the new england area...say boston/cambridge
preferably? or even experience with that particular fix...it seems like
an area that takes a lot of abuse.

also...if anyone has a trunk lock for a 56 belvedere...i'd be interested
in taking it off your hands...mine doesn't lock...until then my three
spares are free for the taking!

and finally...if anyone knows of some garage space in the aforementioned
area for four autos with room to work on them, i'd be grateful for the
lead.

i'll stop typing now.
thanks! love this list...

     Glenn

     glenn.a.lagasse: : : : : : : : : : :boy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     .1956.Plymouth.Belvedere.4-door.Hardtop.Sport.Sedan.
     [. . . .  <http://meandher.com/sweetride/>  . . . .]
                          . . + . .