Re: [FWDLK] AAAHHH-smoke!

Yes, it turned out to be my coil resister. From the experts I talked to, the
points were likely in the closed position and full current was going through
the resister instead of a pulsed current when the car is running (pulsed
from the points opening and closing). I pulled the resister out and it looks
ok. Next situation: I used the "pour transmission fluid down the carb until
the engine quits" method to store the car. I started it for the first time
yesterday. After clouding the neigborhood with white smoke, the car started
burning oil. I took it on a good tear around the block. After about 10
minutes of running, the right bank quit smoking (I have duals with no
crossover), but the left bank still blows blue a little. Has anyone had this
upon first startup in the spring? Can I assume it will go away, or do I have
something like a stuck piston ring? The engine runs smooth and has only 2000
miles on it. I'd hate to have a problem due to storage..
  Todd 58 Belvedere Sport Sedan out of hibernation and a little cranky