Re: [FWDLK] "It stops" hardtop -- Woo Hoo!!!

Re: [FWDLK] "It stops" hardtop -- Woo Hoo!!!

Dave -

        Your power brake unit is probably misbehaving because the vacuum assist is
being activated later than it should.  This happens because the finger at
the end of the brake pedal is bent out of alignment.  There is a good write
up on this in the 57 - 58 Ply shop manual.  There is also a gauge that can
be copied onto a piece of transparency material to help with alignment.

        The holes are all there for the door;  the car used a different inner
quarter if the car came with p/w.

        The Delco/Dura p/w motors are stamped with the following assembly numbers:
5044292 for the front and 5044293 for the rear.  This conforms the the
MOPAR part numbers 1810640 for the front and 1810682 for the quarter.  I've
also come across a 5044345.  Don't know how this one fits in.

Ron