[FWDLK] 12 volt

A long time ago I had a 55 Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe that I put a 12 v
altrnator in and I was very happy I did.  That car served as a second
ride all year round in Massechusetts [cold]  and  fired up easy in the
winter.  I recal having to swap the wiper motor with a later one, but
believe it or not the starter was never touched. It turned in the
correct direction with the neg. ground.!   I also swaped bulbs, ignition
coil, but that was about it.  I used a G.M. with built in regulator, and
it mounted so easily by just using a longer water manifold bolt.  One
wire hook-up.   P.S.- the wiring for 6 v. is actually thicker than that
for 12 v .

Long Live Christine