Re: [FWDLK] 58 Plymouth Help

Clay -

        Here are some answers that might help:

        The 'V' which meant that the car came with a V8 engine, shows up at Mopar
swap meets occasionally.  If you can't find one, get one off a parts car in
a salvage yard and have it reannodized.  Interesting trivia:  The V emblem
on the Fury is silver, while on all other models, it's gold.
        The Kelsey-Hayes bellows is the same one used on all 57-59 Mopars.  In the
damper parts of the country, you can find good ones in salvage yards.  Hard
to find NOS.
        The shop manual for 58 Plymouth has an illustration on how to make your
own tool for removing door handles.  If you are not a metalsmith, take the
illustration to a metal fabricator in your area.  For about $20, he will
fabricate the tool for you.  That's what I did.

Ron

----------
> From: Clay Wood <MyDeSoto@xxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 58 Plymouth Help
> Date: Tuesday, June 30, 1998 9:29 AM
>
> Ok, I know this has probably been asked a million times out here, but I'm
new
> to all of this.  Does anyone know where I can find the victory "V" for
the
> front grill for a 58 Plymouth Belvedere?  Also, how about the "bellows"
or
> "boot" for the Kelsey Hayes power brakes on the same car?  Lastly, for
now,
> does anyone know how to get the interior door handles off?  They won't
budge
> and I have no idea how to remove them.  The interior needs to be redone
but I
> cant even get to the door panels till the handle comes off.  HELP!!!
Thanks
> again for you time and efforts everybody and I look forward to hearing
from
> yall!
>
> Clay Wood
> 58 Plymouth Belvedere
> See it at  <A HREF="members.aol.com/mydesoto/home1.html">My Nothin' Page
About