[FWDLK] New Member

Greetings to all!
Whew! I think that I have finally found the resource that I have been
looking for.  My name is Peter Galmish, and I am hunt-and-pecking from
Denver Colorado.  I do not own an older Mopar two door hard top, as I
hope to some day, but I do own an old 1954 Dodge M37 (the beast, need
the beauty).  I have been in contact with Jim Wilson who told me about
this site (thanks), as well as Mopar Mel (When I win the lotto I'll have
you start on my show stopping mint '59 Fury, and spare no expense!).  I
am hoping that Eric Skowron reads this, as he is the only Coloradoan
that I saw on the list.  Since I bought this truck I have begun to
realize a few things:  automobiles are not what they used to be, a V6
stamped on the side of a Nissan etc. etc. is nothing to be proud of, and
that it is a shame that the course of American Automotive Industry ended
up taking the turn it did.  I do nearly all of my own car repairs and
improvements (time and effort I have, as I am 23 and full of energy;
money on the other hand...), and this is why I think that it will be
almost cost effective for me to by a car that I can work on.  I am sick
of driving my dinky, ugly, underpowerd, foreign, as un-classy-as-it-gets
1987 Mazada 323(that is too complicated for me to really work on and is
nearly unsalvageable after a peewee fender-bender )
[and who'd want to try and salvage a Mazada - unless your low on cash
and your soon to be mother-in-law is very interested in your financial
situation]
.  I would much rather be sitting in a 1959 Plymouth Fury w/the golden
commando V8. This said, I have quite a task ahead of me: (convincing my
Fiancee) finding an old cruiser, and finding the money to buy it.  I
would like to have a car that will run a 15 sec. 1/4 mile (16 at my
altitude), roomy, agile, smooth-riding, and loaded with class.  I was
wondering which of the 58-62 Mopars would fit the bill?  My grandpa
owned a 57' fury 318 w/two 4s that my uncle Rick and dad used to race
their friends with, and their older brother (my uncle Mark - now
deceased) owned a 383 w/two fours DeSoto.
My uncle Rick was a mechanic, and he helped my get my truck running; he
also got me interested in older Mopars.  I frequent junk yards, and I
will keep an eye out for anything list members might need.  My boring
job?  I do educational research (and daydream about cars etc.).  So when
your children need help on a question about the 1960 300's horsepower
rating, you'll know who wrote it.
Respectfully,
Peter Galmish
(sorry for the windy 1st letter, I'll tone them down here after)