[FWDLK] Rear window moulding

Does anyone have any tips on attaching the rear window upper stainless trim on a
 58 Plymouth? I finally polished mine up and am ready to install it. A quick
 test showed that its going to be a bit tricky as they don't seem to match the
 contour of the weatherstrip perfectly. I figure soapy water will help. Which is
 the best end to start at? I want to make sure it's on properly. I'd hate too
 look out my rear view mirror and see it land on the car behind me (unless it
 was a Ford)!
 Thanks
       Todd
58 Belvedere Sport Sedan