Re: [FWDLK] dont sell your car to the movies too quick

Re: [FWDLK] dont sell your car to the movies too quick

 Dear Mel,
    While  I certainly agree that the movie guy was a royal jerk for telling
you  (after making the buy )   that he was authorized to offer you  $51K
for that  G,  I think we would all agree that  the $21K you got is still a
nice bit of change!
    Wow,  the guy didn't even check the serial numbers??? ( I believe I saw
that car for sale in Hemmings Motor News recently.)

                   Now a general message to all:

             Remember,  when shopping for  that special car, CHECK the VIN
number and the title.  Mopars (at least Plymouths up to 1959)  have almost
no identification numbers .. a Savoy can magically "become" a Fury  just by
switching  exterior trim.   As prices continue to climb,  the temptation to
dress  a cheaper model in fancy trim surely will grow.
  Learn how to decode the VIN plate!     Even though the average person may
not know a switch has been made    (so you think no one really gets  hurt),
it is  very similar to "passing " a counterfeit $20.  Eventually someone
gets stuck with the worthless bill, and everyone who knew  (or suspected)
it to be counterfeit shares in the  guilt.  Not only that, the deception
reflects back on all the previous owners of that car,  and to a certain
extent all collector car owners.  Just look at what has happened with the
Corvettes!
 Remember the quote by P.T. Barnum...there's a sucker born every minute.
Don't be another one. Do your
for the diatribe .... I've had a tough day.     Roger
 carMessage-----