Re: [FWDLK] Horn woes

I took mine apart, cleaned out the insides, made sure the inner horn doesn't ground out on the case, cleaned the contact points, and reassembled them.  After tuning them (they have to be aligned just right on the inside) they work, although they're not the best sounding horn in the world.  I would think for a mean, powerful car like the Plymouth they'd have come up with something that sounds more like one of those loud, powerful air horns that shout  GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!!

But at least they work.

Mark  mjh
'57 Fury (Mr. Finzzz)

I'm still having problems getting a decent pair of horns for my 58 Plymouth. The
 ones I have work, but somehow have grounded to the case-causing  them to go off
 as soon as the positive wire is attached. Does anyone know how these horns were
 insulated from ground?
           Thanks
                    Todd

http://www.mailexcite.com