[FWDLK] Recent Acquisition - Project Status

[FWDLK] Recent Acquisition - Project Status

First this post is a belated thank you to Dave Homestead.
A number of weeks ago I took a look at a 56 Dodge car for him and when it
did not meet his needs he graciously offered it to me. Not being inclined to
take take a chance on letting a salvagable Exner car fall into the wrong
hands I ended up with another project.

For those that may be interested We are expecting our 3rd baby at the end of
the month, so naturally things have been a little slow on the Forwardlook
projects.

For the 56 Plymouith Savoy, this is a restofication project. A friend gave
me a 74 Dodge Tradesman van. I pulled the 360 4bbl and tranny out of it,
unless I can trade it for a 440 somewhere down the line this will probable
be rebuilt and put into the 56 Plymouth Savoy.
At his point I have obtained the sheetmetal that I need am now looking for a
8 3/4 sure grip from a b-body, Anyone in the NJ-PA area have any leads?

For the 56 Dodge - this one will stay all original.  Got it from the
original owner and it has been stored in a garage since 1975. It naturally
needs brakes and has rot in the usual places (around the wheel wells,
rockers, bottom of front fenders) The front seats were re-upulstered at some
point and need to be re-done.  the stainless is in good shape but the chrome
is pitted in some places and the bumpers need to be re-done. basically a
sound restorable car.

Hopefully I will get the Dodge started during the summer and at least make a
runner out of it by the fall.

Scott