Re: [FWDLK] 1960 Daytona Valiants?

To all....
Just a side note:

The Hyper pack was an extremely hot little six.  One of the engineering cars
had a problem one day though.

Most of the Central Engineering drive testing was done on the streets, and we
were younger and more foolish than now.  One of the drivers got into a
"Passing" race with another car and was wound out to about 80 MPH in second
gear on the wrong side of the road  when he discovered that the air cleaner
could rotate under vibration.  As it turned around, the snorkle came into
direct contact with the hot terminal of the battery.  Everything quit at
once.  Luckily, there was no fire, but I don't know why because the ground
path was directly through the carburetor!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Mi.

Just a side note...