Re: [FWDLK] Caddy Truck - Plymouth

In a message dated 9/12/99 11:01:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mjh@xxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> This guy probably is thinking of the "El Morocco".  Wasn't that a custom job
>  where someone either put Caddy trim on an El Camino, or chopped a caddy
into
>  the same general shape that El Caminos came in???
>
>  Mark   mjh
In the middle 70's a custom coach builder in So Calif used Cadillacs to build
"El Camino" type pickups called Caballeros.  They were sold by a limited
number of Cadillac dealers and added about $10,000 more to the standard
Cadillac model being used.  Prior to that time, limited production vehicles
were made by various custom coach builders using Cadillacs.  Both station
wagons and "pickup type" cars would show up now and then, but all being built
outside the Cadillac facilities.  Funeral flower cars were  sometimes
referred to as pickups, but even these were of a non factory design.
                Bill Borton