Re: [FWDLK] Caddy Truck - Plymouth

 ---- "Mark J. Hash" wrote:

> This guy probably is thinking of the "El Morocco".  Wasn't that a custom job
> where someone either put Caddy trim on an El Camino, or chopped a caddy into
> the same general shape that El Caminos came in???

Right GM divisions as players, but in the opposite direction
and a couple years before the El Camino...

The El Morocco was a '56 or '57 Chevy Bel Air customized on a
semi-assembly line basis to resemble the '55-'56 Eldorado
Biarritz/Seville ('56) or the Eldorado Brougham ('57).

The '56 was available as a convertible or 2drHT, while the '57
was available as a 4drHT in addition to the previous models.
(Personally, I wish they'd done a Nomad...)

Obligatory Forward Look content:  Ruben Allender, creator
of the El Morocco, used off-the-shelf parts whenever he could.
The '56 El Morocco taillight assemblies were '55-'56 Dodge
Coronet units mounted side-by-side to resemble those used by
Cadillac.

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com